Gaze up within the luxury of a Bespoke Rolls-Royce and be transported by the Starlight Headliner — a signature Bespoke feature depicting an interstellar scene. The unique effect is achieved by fitting delicate fibre optic strands at varying depths and angles, allowing light to escape in multiple directions and at different intensities. Each ‘star’ is adjustable; revel in bright, shining light or relax in a soft glow.
Here are 5 things you may not know about the Starlight Headliner;
1. First, the leather is perforated with 800 to 1,600 holes, each carefully counted. Fibre optic lights are set into these holes by hand. The craftsperson then ensures that the height of the fiber is correct on the concealed side, and that they’re set perfectly on the visible leather surface, ready to shine.
2. It takes nine hours to craft the standard starlight headliner.
3. Starlight headliners can be personalized and take up to and over 17 hours to craft.
4. In 2007 the Starlight headliner made its debut in a Rolls-Royce Phantom.
5. The Starlight Headliner can contain up to 2,117 individual lights across the entirety of the motor car roof's length.
Contact our Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Houston Brand Specialist today for questions about our in-stock Rolls-Royce vehicles or commissioning your very own Rolls-Royce.